From a support forum: "This might be related to the installation folder of PC-Doctor.
Please reinstall this application and reboot the machine. It might be possible, that on your system was other application installed (probably MS KB Update, or antivir update) and this interfered with the source files of PC-Doctor. Also please let mek know, how often you see this message in the Windows event log."
This event can be recorded in various conditions. The event description will contain an error message that it is probably the relevant information. Example:
- Error -- 52 Unable to get information from module due to failed exec
- Error -- Missing String: scriptlets : button1 locale: PCDLocale: language = en, customer = lenovo, variant = ltt"
- Error -- 543 Error 0x41f starting service 0: (Error#:1055) : The service database is locked.
- Error -- 92 SMBIOS total memory size is wrong - accessible physical memory is greater than installed memory.
The troubleshooting approach should be based on the error description as the suggestions for one error do not apply to events with other error listed in their description.
From a support forum: "Uninstall it, then reinstall the latest version. I also found out that the problem may go away if you delete the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PCDr folder."
Error: Missing String: scriptlets : button1 locale: PCDLocale: language = en, customer = lenovo, variant = ltt
From a PC-Doctor support engineer: "The error message indicates that our system events database is somehow corrupted. To get things working again:
- Navigate to C:\ProgramData\
-Rename the folder \PCDr\ to something like \PCDr_OLD\
This will rebuild our events DB and should have you running in no time."