Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net. The EventId.Net for Splunk Add-on assumes that Splunk is collecting information from Windows servers and workstation via the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
Server Status Report:
Error Message: <error message>.
Stack Trace: at usage.globalFn.connectDataSource(Boolean pingFirst)
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
In my case, the SBSMonitoring instance had failed to open the database on startup. Restarting the instance resolved the problem.
In my case, the resolution was to add 127.0.0.1 to my Default Web Site. See the link to “Monitoring and reporting shows error page” for the page where I found this information.
- Error message: "Failed to load msxmlsql.dll" - See ME920899 for information on solving this problem.
- Error message: "SQL Server does not exist or access denied" - From a newsgroup post: "Add the Network Service to the sysadmin fixed server role on the Monitoring instance of WMSDE on the machine as follows:
1. At a command prompt, type: OSQL -S <servername> -E.
2. At the 1> command prompt, type: sp_addsrvrolemember 'Network Service', 'sysadmin'.
3. At the 2> command prompt, type: GO.
Add the Network Service to the "Impersonate a client after authentication" policy as follows:
1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools and then click Default Domain Controller Policy.
2. Expand Local Policies and double-click User Rights Assignment.
3. Double-click the "Impersonate a client after authentication" policy.
4. Select the checkbox "Define these policy settings" if it is not already selected.
5. Click Add User or Group and add Network Service.
6. After adding Network Service, close the Default Domain Controller Security Settings console.
7. Click Start and select Run.
8. Type "gpupdate" and press Enter".
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Links: ME920899, Monitoring and reporting shows error page|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated