Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net. The EventId.Net for Splunk Add-on assumes that Splunk is collecting information from Windows servers and workstation via the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
|Source: Microsoft Internet Explorer|
Faulting application iexplore.exe, version <version>, faulting module <module>, version <module version>, fault address <address>.
|English: This information is only available to subscribers. An example of English, please!|
|Concepts to understand:|
What is causing the “The description for Event ID ( … ) in Source ( …. ) cannot be found… “?
I removed the MapNeto toolbar and the problem stopped.
In my case, deleting the temporary internet files was all I needed to do to fix this problem.
I removed a popup blocker software that resided on the Internet Explorer toolbar and that fixed my problem.
- Module: mshtml.dll - See ME889389 for a hotfix applicable to Microsoft Windows XP SP2.
See ME318378 to find out how to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP.
Deleting your history (or deleting the history folder in its entirety) might help you get rid of this error. See the Internet Explorer History link below for more information.
From a newsgroup post: "The problem appears with SP1 for Windows 2003 server when using Citrix Metaframe. To resolve the problem delete the following keys from the registry:
This holds true also if you have installed Update Rollup 1 for Windows 2000 SP4, on a Windows 2000 server".
In our case, the error was “Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2800.1106, faulting module winb2s32.dll, version 22.214.171.124, fault address 0x00003396”. To fix this problem, we renamed “winb2s32.dll” to “winb2s32.dll.old”.
This problem plagued me. The issue was with a Win2k TS box. Some users of IE were linking to "C:\WINNT\Temporary Internet Files" instead of "C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files". I changed permissions on "C:\WINNT\Temporary Internet Files" to forbid everyone.
Insertion string(s): iexplore.exe, 6.0.2800.1106, unknown, 0.0.0.0, 7155e1bc - The problem had started occurring after a Lexmark printer driver had been setup on the computer for a network printer so we removed the printer, re-started the computer and the problem was resolved.
If the insertion string is: iexplore.exe, 6.0.2800.1106, kernel32.dll, 5.0.2195.4272, bff87ede and Aureate Radiate software is installed see ME259684.
If the insertion string contains Wuv3is.dll and the error occurs when using Microsoft Windows Update see ME241122.
This event usually means an unrecoverable error (fault or exception) occurred in Internet Explorer. For more information regarding other unrecoverable errors in Internet Explorer see ME276393.
In my case the insertion string was: iexplore.exe; 6.0.2800.1106; mshtml.dll; 6.0.2800.1141; 00085da4. E.g. IE6.0SP1. Try to rename HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects to "Browser Helper Objects.old". If it helped, rename key back and disable subcomponents in that key step by step. It works for me. In this way I found not working WebAddin for WinRunner.
James T. Thomas
This seems to coincide with an explorer.exe generated errors message which forces windows explorer to close. It also seems to be associated with the application of sp2 to Internet Explorer 5.5 or the installation of Internet Explorer 6.
This event varies in the reporting text - it does not always reflect the exact same error message. There are several variations to the Event 1000, Internet Explorer Error Messages. I began getting these errors not long after I downloaded Zone Alarm. I am running Win2k Pro. (no service packs installed on this machine, but I had the same problem with Win2K SP1 on another machine.
When I get these error messages, they usually follow a Dr. Watson notification and that also only happened after I began getting True Vector Engine (EVENT 1) Error Messages. There is a known issue with Zone Alarm and Win 2K SP1, and the fix for that is to adjust the Internet Security Settings to "Medium" vs. "High". I applied the "fix" and have stopped receiving the True Vector Engine Error Messages, so I guess I will have to wait and see what happens with Internet Explorer, although I haven't received any event id 1000 error messages since then. I hope this helps.
I find that this error constantly appears when I attempt to use Outlook Web Access to reach my exchange server. The Outlook Web access page begins to load, seems to be ready to display my mailbox, and then blows up. I have had this error occur many times on many different machiens running I.E. 6.0 with various levels of patches ranging from none to the most current. I have also seen this with I.E. 5.5 SP2. My exchange server otherwise behaves flawlessly. By the way, if I use OWA to hit other exchange servers than mine I have also gotten this error which leads me to believe I have an I.E. problem, not and exchange problem.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Links: Internet Explorer History|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
|Custom search for *****: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated