Product: Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 - As per ME968975
, this issue occurs if you do not uninstall hotfixes before you uninstall Office Communications Server 2007. See the article for more details and suggested resolution.
Product: Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 - According to ME961943
, this problem occurs when the default Web site is missing in Internet Information Services (IIS). See the article for resolution.
Product: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services (64-bit) -- "Error 29528. The setup has encountered an unexpected error while Installing ASP.NET. The error is: Incorrect function."
This error occured when we were trying to install a SQL 2005 security update on a 64 bit Windows 2003 R2 server via windows update. The error I get from automatic updates is: Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (ME954606
Refer to ME834581
if you are unable to install Microsoft Office 2003 SP3.
- Product: Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2003 - In order to install Visio Professional, you must either be an administrator or have Visio Professional approved by an administrator. Contact your administrator for more information. We use SMS2003SP3 to distribute various Office Applications, including Visio Pro 2003 and Project 2003. Explicitly setting the ALLUSERS parameter to NULL fixed the problem in our case.
The entire command line for Visio:
msiexec.exe /qb- TRANSFORMS="VISPRO.MST" ALLUSERS="NULL" /m MSI879O8 /i "VISPRO.MSI"
- Product: System Center Operations Manager 2007 Agent, error 25218 - The WMI repository is corrupted. Run the following in a batch file to rebuild the repository and fix the problem:
net stop winmgmt
rd /S /Q repository
regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\system32\scecli.dll
regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\system32\userenv.dll
for /f %%s in (''dir /b /s *.dll'') do regsvr32 /s %%s
for /f %%s in (''dir /b *.mof'') do mofcomp %%s
for /f %%s in (''dir /b *.mfl'') do mofcomp %%s
echo DONE reboot
Or you can use the WMI diagnosis utility to resolve this problem.
- Product: Microsoft Identity Integration Server, error 25035 - The account performing the installation did not have the "Manage audit and security log" user right assignment. Once granted, the error ceased.
- Product: Microsoft ISA Server 2004 - See ME939404
- Product: Adobe Encore DVD FC, error: 1603 - See ME939004
for a hotfix applicable to Windows Vista.
- Product: Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2006, error: 2771 - See ME926996
- Product: Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 Reporting, error: 25316 - See ME922337
- Product: Microsoft iSCSI Initiator, error: 2753 - See ME908267
- Product: Windows Storage Server 2003 Feature Pack, error: 25004 - See "Dell Support Document Number: FA1090858".
- Product: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Beta (x64) - See ME909613
for a hotfix applicable to Microsoft Windows Server 2003.
- Product: Mobile Information Server, error: 29910 - See ME257623
- Product: VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers, error: 2755 - See "Veritas Support Document ID: 264390" for information on this event.
- Product: Citrix MetaFrame XP Server for Windows with Feature Release 3, error: 1407 - See "Citrix Support Document ID: CTX104158
- Product: Citrix MetaFrame XP Server for Windows with Feature Release 3, error: 26005 - See "Citrix Support Document ID: CTX104200
- Product: Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server for Windows, error: 25703 - See "Citrix Support Document ID: CTX105461
- Product: Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server for Windows, error: 26005 - See "Citrix Support Document ID: CTX108844
" and "Citrix Support Document ID: CTX110279
- Product: MetaFrame Presentation Server Components - See "Citrix Support Document ID: CTX111323
- Product: Microsoft Application Center 2000, error: 2711 - See ME813879
- Product: SMS Management Point, error: 25006 - From a newsgroup post: "In general this error is caused by an IIS bug. Open System32\inetsrv\metabase.xml in for example Notepad, locate the WebSvcExtRestrictionList section and move "0, *.exe" and "0, *.dll" to the top of the list.
0, C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\httpodbc.dll, 0, HTTPODBC, Internet Data Connector".
See "Arstehnica Forum" for the original post.
- Error message: "Device setup error" It is useful to read %systemroot%\setupapi.log. Error 25001 code 25006 means setup could not create the relevant registry key. You may try to use MSInstaller logging to get rid of error in the future. The syntax is as follows:
msiexec /L [i][w][e][a][r][u][c][m][p][v][+][!]LogFile.txt
For example to install a package and create a log file that contains the information related to the status, out-of-memory, and error messages, type:
msiexec /i Example.msi /Lime logfile.txt
See msiexec info link below.
- Error code: 2755 - In my case, I tried to install an application on a Citrix farm server. This error appeared when I tried to run the installation in a Terminal Services session. Running the install directly from the server console finished normally.
I received this error after re-packaging an application in Wise Package Studio 5.6. After compiling the installation from a setup capture, the subsequent installation test would fail, citing an invalid directory. In the Setup Editor view of Package Studio, I navigated to the Tables tab and performed an error search. The search came up with one invalid parent directory variable. After fixing the parent path to the folder location in question, the installation succeeded.
- Product: Microsoft Office Live Communications Server 2005, error 28009 - Deactivate LCS on this server before uninstalling it.
- Product: SMS Management Point, error: 25051 - Go to Add or Remove Programs -> Add/Remove Windows Components -> Application Server -> IIS, and add the BITS component.
Product: "Mobile Information Server", Error 29920, Error message: "Failed to Start the service. error no: 0x422, error message: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has not enabled devices associated with it." - When you run Setup for Mobile Information Server 2001 on a server that has Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server System Management tools installed, Setup does not work. See ME293372
Product: "Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage" -- Error 25003. Error message: "Microsoft Office setup cannot continue because the installation source has been corrupted." - This usually means that the Software Package that has been added to a group policy has a corrupt or missing file or files in the distribution share. The best way to fix this is to delete the contents of the share then copy and fresh instance of them to the share.
Product: Microsoft Project 2000 -- Internal Error 2349: no info
Product: Microsoft .NET Framework (English)--Internal Error 2707: no info