- Error: -528 - This event will occur if you do not use Control Panel to start the Directory service. See ME238063
for details on this problem.
- Error: 1 - This behavior can occur if a registry key is missing or has been deleted. See ME263548
- Error: -550 - See ME268577
to find out how to solve this problem.
- Error: -1008 - This issue can occur because many virus protection programs set files to read only to protect the files. The -1008 error corresponds to JET_errDatabaseFileReadOnly. See ME262371
to solve this issue.
- Error: -514 - This problem may occur if you renamed the Exchange 5.5 service account to something other than the default value of "Administrator". See ME294259
to resolve this problem.
- Error: -1022 - You restore an Exchange Server 5.5 directory from offline backup and you want to try to play the log files forward. When you try to start the Exchange 5.5 Server directory service, the service does not start, and this event is logged. See ME311396
for more information about this problem. Also check ME267987
for two possible situations in which this event occurs.
- Error: -1032 - This error occurs when you restore an Exchange Server 5.5 directory from offline backup and you want to try to play the log files forward for the second time, after failing the first time with error -1022. See ME311396
for details about this problem.
- Error: -1811 - This event is logged if The Dir.edb database file is missing or the registry entries that define the paths to the directory database and to other required files point to the incorrect locations. See ME285675
for details about this issue.