Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net. The EventId.Net for Splunk Add-on assumes that Splunk is collecting information from Windows servers and workstation via the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
The <descriptor> access security descriptor for the COM Server application <application> is invalid. It contains Access Control Entries with permissions that are invalid. The requested action was therefore not performed. This security permission can be corrected using the Component Services administrative tool.
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
I found out that I had to import the OLE registry entries from another server, however, even then, I still could not access the properties of DCOM on that server and I had to edit the permissions from the remote server through Component Services. See ME934701 for more information
Microsoft's article ME892500 may be of some help.
I encountered this problem after installing NetIQ onto a W2K3 SP1 server that had just been upgraded from Windows 2000. The problem appears to be with the COM Security via Component Service (it did not upgrade successfully). I exported the "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\OLE" reg key with values "DefaultAccessPermission", "DefaultLaunchPermission", "MachineAccessRestriction" and "MachineLaunchRestriction" from a working SP1 server and imported them into the problematic server. Then, I rebooted the server and all appears to be working again.
I received this error after installing monitoring software on a Domain Controller. Symptoms included Enhanced GUI screens not displaying correctly (ex: extended services page) and losing the ability to open event viewer messages. I also received an error when trying to open COM+ Applications under the Component Services. To fix the problem, I opened the Component Services and changed the COM Security by editing the default permissions. I noticed a service account that did not have the remote access checkbox checked. I gave the service account remote access permissions to the COM Applications and rebooted the DC. The problem went away.
Edit the DCOM/COM permissions on another PC and export the following registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Ole. Save the registry key first before you import this file on the PC with the problem.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Links: ME892500, ME934701|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated