- Error: 0x80072EFD = Unable to connect to the server - Double check the settings in the "Set Options" page, the proxy settings, IP address of your proxy, authentication, etc. In my case these were misspelled. After I corrected them the problem disappeared.
- Error code: 0x80070003 = The system cannot find the path specified - In my case, this was caused by a bad installation of SUS. I uninstalled SUS then reinstalled it and all was ok after that.
I found that by changing the system account that ran the service of SUS (in the services control panel) and changed it to a user account that had access, this allowed SUS to go through my proxy. The system account(which is chosen by default when you install SUS) was not allowed through my firewall.
See the WUSyncService F.A.Q. and Software Update Services Deployment White Paper.
Various reported error codes and descriptions:
- 0x80072EE7, The server name could not be resolved by DNS - no info
- 0x80072EFD, Unable to connect to the server - From a newsgroup post, you need to configure the proxy settings in SUS for localhost and port 8080.
- 0x80190193, HTTP error 403. Access denied by server or proxy. - From a newsgroup post: "This error is typically returned by the proxy/firewall (in this case the ISA server) and is indicative of not having the authentication set up correctly, or not having the credentials for authentication set up correctly in SUS Admin Options page. I believe that SUS only uses basic authentication, so you might want to check that on the ISA server."
- 0x800B0004, The subject is not trusted for the specified action. - no info