Event ID/Source search
Keyword searchExample: Windows cannot unload your registry file
Event ID: 1016 Source: FSEIMC
Failed to register/enable the FSE Agent. This will prevent the Microsoft Exchange Transport service from starting.
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
According to a support forum:
This problem may occur if one of the following conditions is true:
- The SELF account does not have the correct DCOM permissions assigned.
- The Microsoft Exchange Transport service is configured to log on by using the Local System account instead of by using the Network Service account.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
Step 1: Assign the appropriate DCOM permissions to the SELF account
1. On the Exchange 2007-based server that is running the Hub Transport role, click Start, click Run, type dcomcnfg , and then click OK.
2. Expand and then click Component Services.
3. Under Component Services, expand Computers, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
4. Click the COM Security tab, and then click Edit Default under Access Permissions.
5. If SELF does not appear in the Group or user names list, click Add, type SELF , click Check Names, and then click OK.
6. Click SELF, and then click to select the following check boxes in the Allow column:
- Local Access
- Remote Access
7. Click OK two times. Then restart the Exchange-related services and the Forefront Security for Exchange-related services.
Step 2: Configure the log on account for the Microsoft Exchange Transport service
1. On the Exchange 2007-based server that is running the Hub Transport role, click Start, click Run, type services.msc , and then click OK.
2. In the list of services, right-click Microsoft Exchange Transport, and then click Properties.
3. Click the Log On tab, and then click This account.
4. Click Browse, type Network Service, click Check Names, and then click OK.
If the problem persists, try to re-register the transport agent. To register the transport agent use the following powershell command:
You should then be prompted for the following information, you may need to alter the path for the AssemblyPath information:
-Name: FSE Routing Agent
-AssemblyPath: C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\TransportRoles\agents\FSEAgent\Bin\FSEAgent_8.0.685.dll
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
|Custom search for *****: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated