Event ID/Source search
Keyword searchExample: Windows cannot unload your registry file
Event ID: 1026 Source: .NET Runtime
|Source: .NET Runtime|
Framework Version: v4.0.21006
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Net.HttpListenerException
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
|Concepts to understand:|
What is an unhandled error?
Since this event can be recorded for a wide variety of applications and theirs specific problems, there are several details recorded in this event that have to be considered before following various suggestions found on support forum:
1. The application name (the application that crashed) - MSHelpListener.exe for the example above
2. The .Net Framework version - i.e. v4.0.21006
3. The cause of the crash. For example, "the process was terminated due to an unhandled exception" means that while running, the application encountered a problem that was not programmed to handle properly (an "exception").
4. The exception itself: System.Net.HttpListenerException in this case, an error that occurs while processing an HTTP request.
5. The stack (where in the program did that happen).
Since this is a problem with the application itself, unless you are the programmer, you cannot change it. So, what can be done is to try to install the latest version for that application or any hotfixes or contact the developer. In certain situations, understanding the reason of the failure (the "exception") may help in identifying the nature of the problem and maybe determine ways to avoid it. For example, the System.Net.HttpListenerException, related to a problem with an HTTP request may be caused by a network connection issue or maybe by the local TCP/IP configuration. Other exceptions may point to a permissions problem, lack of space, etc.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated