Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net. The EventId.Net for Splunk Add-on assumes that Splunk is collecting information from Windows servers and workstation via the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
Cluster File Share resource <share name> has failed a status check. The error code is <error code>.
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
|Concepts to understand:|
What is the role of the Cluster Service?
- Error code: 1450 - See ME940307 for a hotfix applicable to Microsoft Windows Server 2003.
- Error code: 1168 - See ME910929 for a hotfix applicable to Microsoft Windows Server 2003.
- Error code: 2114 - See ME910666.
- Error code: 64 - From a newsgroup post: "On the resource properties we increased the Pending Timeout from 180 seconds to 360 seconds, and the problem was gone". To do this, start Cluster Administrator, right-click the resource that you want to change, click Properties, and then click the Advanced tab. Increase the Pending Timeout value to 360. Also, see ME885866 for a hotfix applicable to Microsoft Windows 2000.
From a newsgroup post: "These are some error codes and explanations:
Error 2114 = Schema update failed: An attribute with the same link identifier already exists.
Error 1726 = The remote procedure call failed.
Error 1722 = The RPC server is unavailable".
To find out more about Windows error codes type from the command prompt "net helpmsg code".
See the link to "Windows Cluster Service Troubleshooting and Maintenance" to download a white paper on the Cluster Service containing information about this event.
ME224967 has information on how to create file shares on a cluster.
- Error code: 64 - This problem occurs when a deadlock condition exists between the Server, Spooler, and Redirector services. See ME872790 for a hotfix applicable to Microsoft Windows 2000.
Error code: 64 = "The specified network name is no longer available." - If you are running the WQuinn StorageCentral 4.1 program see ME811088.
Error code: 1130 = "Not enough server storage is available to process this command."- no info
Error code: 1355 = "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted." - If the file share resource indicated by "sharename" is configured as a DFS Root in its advanced options, these error messages could indicate that the DFS service has been stopped on the node in the server cluster while the cluster resource was online on that node. The service could have been stopped by manual intervention or by a problem with the service. See ME232478 for more details."
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Links: ME224967, ME232478, ME811088, ME872790, ME885866, ME910666, ME910929, ME940307, Windows Cluster Service Troubleshooting and Maintenance|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (1) - More links...|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated