Event ID/Source search
Keyword searchExample: Windows cannot unload your registry file
Event ID: 1081 Source: MSExchangeIS
MSExchangeIS is unable to recover the database because error <error> occurred after a restore operation.
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
|Concepts to understand:|
What is the role of the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service?
- Error: 0xc8000713 - When you start an information store restore operation, a new Windows NT registry key is created. If the restore operation fails, the key is not removed. Therefore, when the information store sees the key during startup, it does not attempt to recreate the Pub.edb and Priv.edb files and fails to start. See ME175116 to solve this problem.
- Error: 0xc8000235 - After you finish an online restore of Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5, the information store service does not start, the system attendant and directory service start without any problems and this event is logged. See ME322314 for more information about this problem.
- Error: 0xfffffbfa - When the service pack level for Windows NT changes, Exchange Server rebuilds its database indexes as a precaution against incompatibilities with the service pack. This reindexing occurs whether the service pack level is changed upward or downward. In most cases, the index rebuild is virtually transparent and goes unnoticed. But if the computer name has also been changed along with the service pack level, this event is logged. See ME224977 for details.
- Error: 0x00000002 - The problem occurs if circular logging is enabled on the server you are restoring to, and disabled on the server you are restoring from (the backup tape). See ME175469 to solve this problem.
See MSEX2KDB for additional information about this event.
- Error: 0x00000057 - See ME169859 and ME232705 for more information.
- Error: 0xfffffa7a - See ME224977.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Links: ME169859, ME175116, ME175469, ME224977, ME232705, ME322314, MSEX2KDB|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated