Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net. The EventId.Net for Splunk Add-on assumes that Splunk is collecting information from Windows servers and workstation via the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
|Source: Virtual Server|
Unable to create connection to Virtual Machine Helper. Without this connection Virtual Server cannot run.
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
In my case, the problem was caused by a wrong configuration of Virtual Server COM Component. To solve the problem follow these steps:
1. Open Component Services in Administrative Tools folder.
2. Expand the Component Services node and navigate to Computers -> My Computer -> Config DCOM.
3. Open the properties of Virtual Server component.
4. In the Security Tab click on the Modify button for Startup security.
5. Allow run for local and remote to the Authenticated Users.
6. Go to the Services console.
7. Open the properties of Virtual Server and change Logon User to DOMAIN\Administrator.
8. Start the service.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated