Error code 1722
- See the general comments for Error code 1722
- Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003 - From a newsgroup post: "This is a known MSDE installation error related to a particular section of the disk. In other words, the error message is a bit of a red herring. See ME829699
for information on workarounds and an available hotfix that you can get from calling Microsoft Support"
- CustomMSI (SOAP Toolkit 3.0) - See ME825075
- Java 2 Runtime Environment - no info
- Kurzweil 3000 v.6 - no info
- Microsoft Application Center 2000 - Froma a newsgroup post: "Copied the cd local and ran the inattended install successfully. Anyone else having similar issues, I would recommend the same strategy."
From another newsgrou post: "Make sure the everyone group has read/execute on the \winnt directory structure. Download the complusverify.exe tool (ME299309
) and run that utility to verify COM
catalog configuration. Those are the 2 big reasons for this failure."
See also ME320946
- Microsoft BizTalk Server 2002 - See ME829206
- Microsoft Commerce Server 2002 Enterprise Edition - See ME826934
- Office XP Web Services Toolkit 2.0 - See ME825075
- SFR (Easyshare Digital Camera software from Kodak) - no info
- Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 - From a newsgroup post: "In my case it was my fault. I read the svcpack.log file and saw the problem, in my boot.ini i am specifying a non standard kernel file (hacked for boot splash screen change). I was testing on my pc before deploying to the entire office. After removing the entry kernel=otherkernel.exe in my boot.ini the install worked flawlessly."