Event ID/Source search
Keyword searchExample: Windows cannot unload your registry file
Event ID: 119 Source: Removable Storage Service
|Source: Removable Storage Service|
RSM could not Verify the media in drive Drive 5 of library <library name> because the on-media-identifier did not match what was expected.
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
|Concepts to understand:|
What is the Removable Storage?
Ben Jeddou Nebil
This problem occurs because Removable Storage is looking for a file that has been removed. When Removable Storage tries to load a media label library file, Removable Storage cannot recognize the on-media identifier (OMID) on the tape device. Removable Storage does not recognize the OMID because the media label library file has been removed from the registry.
When you install ARCserve software, the software installation process registers a media label library file with Removable Storage. A media label library file is a .dll file that uses a specific tape format to identify the data that is written on a tape device. When you use a tape device that is formatted by using ARCserve software, Removable Storage uses the media label library file to recognize the OMID on the tape device. If you try to use the tape device after the ARCserve software has been removed, Removable Storage still refers to the media label library registry entry. Removable Storage still tries to use the .dll file that has been removed to recognize the OMID on the tape device.
To resolve this problem:
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
2. In Registry Editor, locate and click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\NTMS\OMID\Tape\ARC.
3. Right-click ARC, and then click Delete.
4. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog box, click Yes.
5. Quit Registry Editor.
6. Click Start, click Run, type cmd in the Open box, and then click OK.
7. Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press Enter:
net stop “removable storage”.
8. Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press Enter:
net start “removable storage”.
As per Microsoft: "This problem occurs because Removable Storage is looking for a file that has been removed". See ME867702 to fix this problem.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated