Event ID/Source search
Keyword searchExample: Windows cannot unload your registry file
Event ID: 1196 Source: ClusSvc
The required registration of the DNS name(s) associated with Cluster resource NetworkName failed for the following reason:
DNS signature failed to verify.
Please check with your network adminstrator for the best recovery action.
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
When static record got created the option "allow any authenticated user to update DNS records with the same owner" was not selected. Therefore the Cluster nodes (active node) who will own the cluster name resource won't be able to register this resource record to the DNS database behalf of the resource records itself.
- Go to DNS find the record ( A & Pointer record) for the cluster name resource.
- Make a right click
- Go to properties
- In the security make sure the "Authenticated users" group is included
- Make sure it has "Write" rights and Special permissions
- Click Advanced, locate authenticated users and click edit
- Make sure Write all properties Read permissions All Validated Writes selected
- Click OK tree times to exit
After investigating further you will notice there are no more errors on the System logs in this regard.
See also the link to MsExchange Smtp25@blogspot.
Woodrow Wayne Collins
See ME871111 to fix this problem.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Links: MsExchange Smtp25@blogspot|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
|Custom search for *****: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated