Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net. The EventId.Net for Splunk Add-on assumes that Splunk is collecting information from Windows servers and workstation via the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
|Source: Windows Server Update Services|
The Reporting Web Service is not working.
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
EV100621 (Windows Update Services Multiple Errors in Event Viewer) provides a solution for this type of problem (the steps the reconfigure WSUS).
If this event occurs after installation of Windows updates, simply restart IIS (you can use the iisreset command).
In my case I found the solution at EV100372 (Windows Server - Event Viewer Errors 13042 13002 12002 12042 12052). The solution was to give *WRITE* access to Network Service on the folder
I was getting a bunch of errors: 12002, 12032, 12022, 12042, 12052 for WSUS 3.0 SP1. I fixed this by enabling the iusr_serverx account in AD that was being used for anonymous authentication by this is IIS. (For added security, change the password then you have to change in IIS, Directory Security, Authentication & access control, as well).
Also, another possible resolution - remove the GUESTS account from the USER RIGHTS
ASSIGNMENT:DENY ACCESS TO THIS COMPUTER FROM THE NETWORK.
All this events 12002, 12042, 12032, 12052 etc may appear if you have more then one IP but WSUS web site is asigned to only one of them. i.e. my server has 2 IPs a.a.a.a and b.b.b.b in IIS management. WSUS web site is bound only to b.b.b.b IP an this problem started appearing. Switching it back to unassigned (all ip) solved the problem. I did not find any other way to fix this.
I have a Windows 2003 x64-bit server that contains WSUS 3.0. After installing MOM 2007 and .Net Framework 1.1 (AD MOM 2007 Management Pack requests .Net Framework 1.1), I began to receive errors with source Windows Server Update: 12002, 12022, 12032, 12042, and 12052. Removing .Net Framework 1.1 and switching ASP.NET 2.0 to 64-bit mode solved problem.
To see how to switch between the 32-bit version of ASP.NET 1.1 and the 64-bit version of ASP.NET 2.0 on a 64-bit version of Windows read ME894435.
Make sure that in IIS the application ApiRemoting30 is using ASP.NET 2.0 instead of ASP.NET 1.1. Change this on "Application" or on "Default Website" level depending on your environment.
From a newsgroup post: "Make sure the value for PortNumber under the key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Update Services\Server\Setup is set to the correct port (the one your WSUS site is on)".
From a newsgroup post: "You appear to have missconfigured SSL, since it looks like you have enabled SSL on the virtual *server*, which you cannot do. This may appear if you installed Exchange Server 2007 automatically and Exchange enabled SSL (which it generally does to support Outlook Web Access).
From the WSUS 3.0 Deployment Guide (p71-72):
- You cannot set up the entire WSUS Web site to require SSL. This would mean that all traffic to the WSUS site would have to be encrypted, but WSUS encrypts only update metadata. If a client computer or another WSUS server attempts to get update files from WSUS on the HTTPS port, the transfer will fail.
To keep the WSUS Web site as secure as possible, require SSL only for the following virtual roots:
- To keep WSUS functioning, you should not require SSL for the following virtual roots:
On the WSUS server, run the command: wsusutil configuressl certificateName".
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Links: Deploying Microsoft Windows Server Update Services 3.0|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (1) - More links...|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated