Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net. The EventId.Net for Splunk Add-on assumes that Splunk is collecting information from Windows servers and workstation via the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
|Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0|
An unhandled exception occurred and the process was terminated.
Application ID: /LM/W3SVC/48793523/ROOT/ReportingWebService
Process ID: <PID>
Message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
Server stack trace:
... full application stack trace...
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
|Concepts to understand:|
What is an unhandled error?
In my case this happened because we don't aggregate to NTFS Permission the user Identity of AppPool to the web site folder on hard drive. We assigned the read and List Folders only and this was enough to get it working.
The actual exception (and its message) recorded in the event description may provide a clue in regards to the origin of the problem. For example:
- Exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException, message: Index was out of range. - This is a software bug, can only be fixed by the application developers.
- Exception: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException, message: Unable to find assembly 'Common, Version=188.8.131.52 - This may indicate some missing files or again, a software bug.
- Exception: System.InvalidOperationException, message: The stream does not support reading - It appears that the application is unable to access some files. They might be corrupted, missing or without the proper permissions.
- Exception: System.InvalidOperationException, message: This access control list is not in canonical form and therefore cannot be modified.
- Exception: System.AppDomainUnloadedException, message: Attempted to access an unloaded AppDomain.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated