I had this event when I converted my server to VMWare ESXi (backup physical server & restored as VM). As it was the master DC and it didn't replicate to the secondary DC that I have added both running Windows Server 2008 R2.
I had to the an authoritative restore as described in ME290762
Please verify that all File replication services on ALL Domain Controllers are stopped Before this process: open CMD (Run as Administrator) and type: net stop ntfrs for each DC:
To fix the above issue do the following:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type cmd and then press ENTER.
3. In the Command box, type net stop ntfrs (as mentioned above)
4. Click Start, and then click Run.
5. In the Open box, type regedit and then press ENTER.
6. Locate the following subkey in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NtFrs\Parameters\Backup/Restore\Process at Startup
7. In the right pane, double click BurFlags.
8. In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, type D4 and then click OK.
Quit Registry Editor, and then switch to the Command box.
9. In the Command box, type net start ntfrs
10. Quit the Command box.
This should fix the replica issue. If you have other DCs you should start the file replication service:
net start ntfrs
Also you may use Nonauthoritative restore for the other DCs.