Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net. The EventId.Net for Splunk Add-on assumes that Splunk is collecting information from Windows servers and workstation via the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
Service could not be deleted.
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
I found this event after installing Windows 2003 SP2. Microsoft ME937055 describes the problem and the resolution. ME937231 applies to Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003.
This event can also occur after an upgrade of Windows Server 2003 from SP1 to SP2.
This error often appears after an upgrade of Windows 2003 Server to SP1.
Remove the ".cab" files from the Packagestore folder and then rebuild the original Help and Support Center:
1. Click Start -> Run type "cmd" (without the quotation marks) and then click OK to open a command prompt. Type "net stop helpsvc" and then press Enter.
2. Type "cd /d windir\pchealth\helpctr", where “windir” is the Windows folder.
3. Type "rd packagestore /s /q" and then press Enter.
4. Type "cd binaries" and press Enter.
5. Type "start /w helpsvc /svchost netsvcs /regserver /install" and press Enter.
6. If any of the following processes are running stop them: helpsvc.exe, helphost.exe, and helpctr.exe.
7. At the command prompt type "net start helpsvc" and press Enter.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Links: ME937055, ME937231|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated