Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net. The EventId.Net for Splunk Add-on assumes that Splunk is collecting information from Windows servers and workstation via the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
<error code>: <description>
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
I found this error on a Windows 2000 server, running McAfee EPO 22.214.171.124. The MSDE database for EPO has a 2 GB limit, which I found that had been exceeded. McAfee KB45593 provides information on how to shrink the database. Go to the “McAfee Knowledge Search” page and search for this article to read it.
- Error: 317 - See ME940941.
- Error: 3041, Message: "BACKUP failed to complete the command BACKUP DATABASE [<database name>] TO [<backup device>] WITH INIT , NOUNLOAD , NAME = N'<backup job name>, NOSKIP , STATS = 10, NOFORMAT" - From a newsgroup post: "If it works locally then would an option not be to back up locally and then move the backup file to the network share ? This would be quicker and probably less error prone. This is assuming you have the required local diskspace". See "Newsgroup Post" for another possible solution.
- Error: 17204, Message: "FCB::Open failed: Could not open device D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\data\model.mdf for virtual device number [VDN]1" - From a newsgroup post: "This error indicates that the base datafile for the Model database is pointing to the wrong place. The path to this datafile is stored in a table in the master database called sysdatabases. See "Newsgroup Post 2" for another post with information on how to correct the path to Model".
- Error: 3041, Message: "BACKUP failed to complete the command BACKUP DATABASE [<database name>] TO [<backup device>] WITH INIT , NOUNLOAD , NAME = N'<backup job name>, NOSKIP , STATS = 10, NOFORMAT" - In our case, this problem appeared because the disk was full.
- Error code: 18204 - See ME843515 for a hotfix applicable to Microsoft Windows Server 2003.
Error: 3041, Message: "BACKUP failed to complete the command BACKUP DATABASE [<database name>] TO [<backup device>] WITH INIT , NOUNLOAD , NAME = N'<backup job name>, NOSKIP , STATS = 10, NOFORMAT" - We encountered this when SQL will not backup a database saying that the backup device is corrupt. We deleted the existing backup device (a file) and created a new one.
3041 : BACKUP failed to complete the command BACKUP LOG [<database name>] TO DISK = N'<path to backup file>' WITH INIT , NOUNLOAD , NOSKIP , STATS = 10, NOFORMAT - This message was generated when the database was dismounted but a backup job for it was still scheduled. To fix it we removed the database from the backup schedule.
Woodrow Wayne Collins
Erro: 3041, Description: "BACKUP failed to complete the command <command>" - To determine why the BACKUP failed, examine the Microsoft SQL Server error log for any errors prior to error 3041.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Links: ME843515, ME940941, Newsgroup Post, Newsgroup Post 2, McAfee Knowledge Search|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (1) - More links...|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated