Event ID/Source search
Keyword searchExample: Windows cannot unload your registry file
Event ID: 17055 Source: MSSQLServer
18210: BackupVirtualDeviceSet::Initialize: Open failure on backup device <device>. Operating system error - 2147024891 (Access is denied.)
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
If using ArcServe Backup, according to Computer Associates: "This problem happens when you are trying to restore the MASTER database and you are logged into the machine with a user that is different from the user that starts the MSSQL Server Service. To get around the error do the following from within the SQL Enterprise Manager:
- Select the server that you are restoring to.
- Right click and select "Properties".
- Click on the "Setup Parameters"
- Add the parameter "-m" minus the quotes.
- Stop and restart the MSSQL Server Service.
- Restore within ARCserve.
- Go back into "Startup Parameters" and remove -m.
- Stop and restart the MSSQL Server Service. See Computer Associates Technical Support link below.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Links: Computer Associates Technical Support|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (1) - More links...|
|Custom search for *****: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated