- Error message: "Unable to initialize DAO/Jet db engine" - From a newsgroup post: Usually the problem is caused by Dao360.dll not being registered properly. Try running regsvr32 on Dao360.dll. For example, on my system I would run:
“Regsvr32.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\Dao360.dll”.
- Error message: "Unable to initialize DAO/Jet db engine" - From a newsgroup post: "I ran regsvr32 on dao360.dll but it did not fix problem. I found a “*.tmp” file located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft ISA Server\ISAsummaries folder. After deleting it, ISA report generation started working again. I also checked C:\Program Files\Microsoft ISA Server\ISAreports but I found nothing there. I would check both folders for extra/corrupt files if this problem appears".
- Error message: "The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'Server Participation'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly" - From a newsgroup post: "The error you are receiving may indicate an issue with the installation of Microsoft Jet on your machine. Please try the following:
- Check <system root>\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO to see if dao360.dll is there.
- If the file is present, rename it to dao360.old.
- Install the latest version of Jet on your machine, per the Knowledge Base article ME282010
- Verify that dao360.dll has been replaced.
- If the file has not been replaced you may have to manually expand it from the Jet download.
- Reregister the dll at Start -> Run, using the following command:
“regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\DAO360.dll".
- Test the report again".