Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net. The EventId.Net for Splunk Add-on assumes that Splunk is collecting information from Windows servers and workstation via the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
The worker process failed to initialize the http.sys communication or the w3svc communication layer and therefore could not be started. The data field contains the error number.
0000: 05 00 07 80
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
|Concepts to understand:|
What is the role of HTTP.SYS?
What are the worker processes?
As per Microsoft: "This issue can occur if the following conditions are true:
1. The worker process is configured to use an identity that is different from Local System.
2. The Everyone group and the User group do not have the Bypass Traverse Checking user right. By default, the Everyone group and the User group have this user right".
See ME896286 to resolve this issue.
Data: 05 00 07 80 translates to Error code 0x80070005 (see the link below for some comments about this error code).
In our case, this started showing up after the power cable was accidentaly pulled out. When we restarted the server, this event was recorded.
This error has been recreated by doing the following:
1. I created a web ("asptest")and used the defaultAppPool
2. In DNS I created a host record that pointed to the host header name of my new site (asptest.domain.com)
3. Created a simple default page (default.htm)
4. I generated the same errors as reported until removing the host file from DNS.
This presumably would be from the miss-configuartion of DNS. The W2K3 server I used for testing was added to a 2000 cluster domain. This may be resolved by configuring DNS on the 2003 server or creating a new pool and using configurable identities as a workaround.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (1) - More links...|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated