Event ID/Source search
Keyword searchExample: Windows cannot unload your registry file
Event ID: 2276 Source: Microsoft-Windows-IIS-WMSVC
The worker process failed to initialize correctly and therefore could not be started. The data is the error.
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
William E. Ray
Application pool doesn't start after a reboot of the serve which is windows 2008 R2 sp1. Event logs would show an event id 2276 and description "the worker process failed to initialize correctly".
According to ME981949 the following users/groups should have permissions to “Bypass Traverse Checking” local security policy as default users rights and permissions.
We found these privileges were missing and granting this privilege to these users/groups (especially Everyone group) fixed the issue.
T734972 suggests the following resolutions:
- If the module is third-party, contact the module vendor. The vendor should have more specific knowledge about the module's features and behavior.
- If the module failed to load because of a processor mismatch, see ME894435.
- Check the event log message for a specific error number that may provide more information. This error number will be different from the Event ID (See the article on how to do this).
The XML portion of the event includes the "Data". For example:
The 05000780 binary data corresponds to an "Access denied" error (see Error code 0x80070005).
The 02000780 corresponds to a "Missing files" error (see Error code 0x80070002)
One user that was getting this event with the Data recorded as "02000780" resolved this by uninstalling IIS7 and then re-installing.
From a support forum:
I was trying to get a basic site working with Windows 7 after doing a Visual Studio 2010 install. But the site was generating the "HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable." error message and in the event log I got event id 2294 ("The worker process failed to pre-load .Net Runtime version v4.0.303.") followed by event id 2276 . In my troubleshooting I have done the following:
- I found I needed to run (from the C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319 directory) aspnet_regiis- i
- I opened the port on the router and the firewall.
I found a file called V126.96.36.1993 (of size 0 bytes) that was sitting in the directory (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64) and once I removed it, the problem went away.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
|Custom search for *****: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated