Event ID/Source search
Keyword searchExample: Windows cannot unload your registry file
Event ID: 25100 Source: OnePoint Operations
|Source: OnePoint Operations|
Failed to create a COM object for inserting events into the database. Will retry every 30 seconds.
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
- Details: The specified module could not be found - I caught this error after upgrading the HDD in my server and moving all files between HDDs using Windows Explorer.
The problem is in 8.3 names. To fix this problem do the following:
1. Open log file Temp\Microsoft Operations Manager\*init*.
2. Find inside it all GUIDs with error "not found".
3. Open command prompt, type "cd c:\program files", then dir /x.
4. Remember the short name for "Microsoft Operations Manager 2005", in my case it was "MICROS~4".
5. Open regedit, find one by one all GUIDs and change where it is necessary the short name to the new one. In my case, I replaced MICROS~3 with MICROS~4.
See ME922333 and the link to "FAQShop Article" for information on solving this problem.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Links: ME922333, FAQShop Article|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated