- Message: "The evaluation period for this installation of Windows NT has expired. This system will shutdown in one hour. To restore access to this installation of Windows NT, please upgrade this installation using a licensed distribution of this product". See ME173507
for more details.
- Message: "Windows - License Violation". See ME326306
- Message: "Unable to Load Device Driver: SystemRoot\System32\drivers\tcpip.sys device driver could not be loaded. Error Status was <error>". The file TDI.SYS is missing from %systemroot%\system32\drivers folder. See ME816743
for information on fixing this issue.
- Message: "Unable to Load Device Driver" - See MSW2KDB
for information on "Unable to Load Device Driver" errors.
- Message: "Windows - System Error: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API" - From a newsgroup post: "This only happens when I try to hibernate. The only change I can remember making just before this started happening was to add 512MB of RAM to bring the total up to 1GB of RAM. I think this appears because I do not have enough space on my HDD to accommodate the new memory size when the computer goes into hibernation".
- Message: "SYSTEM SHUTDOWN : System is shutting down in 60 seconds" - See ME829395
- Application: sqlservr.exe, error: "Entry Point Not Found" - See ME303034
- Application: Terminal Services, warning: "Your terminal services temporary client license will expire in N days. Please contact your system administrator to get a permanent license" - See ME822134
- Application: Windows - Windows Evaluation Notification, message: "The evaluation period for this installation of Windows has expired" - See ME250920
- Application: cmd.exe, error: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142)" - See ME824422
- Application: Connection Error, error: "The desktop you are trying to open is currently available only to administrators" - See the link to "Citrix Support Document ID: CTX104106
- Application: Host Integration Server, error: "1004 : SnaBase didn't find any Host Integration Server computers in your domain <subdomain>" - See ME893010
- Application: WOWEXEC - See ME841238
- Application: sitemgr.exe, error: "Application has generated an exception that could not be handled" - See "Citrix Support Document ID: CTX108552
- Message: "Windows - Registry Recovery : One of the files containing the system's Registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy. The recovery was successful" - From a newsgroup post: "We have seen this on NT 4 domains. The source of this problem is an orphaned Windows NT4 policy, which may be in place but no longer applicable. To resolve this problem look for an old NT 4 policy that has an entry of "**del", which is to delete a single entry. After removing the problematic policy, the problem should be resolved".
If you receive this error after you install Microsoft Visual Studio on a Microsoft Windows 2000-based computer, see ME260513
to resolve the problem.
If you receive this error along with Event ID 4199 from source: TCP/IP, see ME178550
to fix this problem.
- Message: "Windows - System Error : Object Name already exists" - No information.