Monitor unlimited number of servers
Filter log events
Create email and web-based reports

Direct access to Microsoft articles
Customized keywords for major search engines
Access to premium content

Event ID: 27 Source: e1cexpress

Source
Level
Description
Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection
- Network link is disconnected
Comments
 
From a support forum:
I solved this for myself finally using a combination of things found online. I am running a Lenovo with Windows 7 and the Intel 82579V NIC. I believe an update to either Windows or the drivers caused this, as it worked fine until about a month ago. The computer is 3 months old.

1) Turn off automatic updates
2) Uninstall any current Intel drivers/uninstall the NIC
3) Install original drivers from computer CD, not the newer/downloaded Intel drivers. After installing the "updated" Intel drivers there were 4 or 5 Intel programs in my program list. With the install from CD, there are only 2, neither having to do with the NIC, and their install dates are not current so they did not come from the CD
4) Turn off IPv6. Control Panel -> Network & Sharing -> Change Adapter Settings -> right click Properties -> uncheck "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)" -> OK (Since solving it, I turned IPv6 back on, and it seems ok. But I performed the following with it off.)
5) Open regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID}. Edit -> New -> DWord (32 bit) -> call it DhcpConnEnableBcastFlagToggle -> right click -> modify -> set value to 1 -> OK. (This disables something called broadcast flags. I don't know what they are, and the directions I got were from Microsoft for Vista. This leads me to believe this is not an Intel problem, as searching I found the same issue with other NICs. I think this is a problem with windows running different drivers than it "wants to")
6) Restart, check to make sure that the registry entry is still there.

For a while I think AVG was blocking the edit, because I would make it, restart, and it wouldn't be there. After partially uninstalling AVG, I did it again, and it worked.

Since, my connection has been stable for 3 hours. Before it would disconnect every 10-30 seconds and I was getting the e1cexpress event ID 27 warning in my event viewer.
From a support forum: I set it to be fixed at 1Gbps full duplex (before that it was auto negotiation and went to 1GB), disabled interrupt moderation (previously enabled) and forced slave mode (previously auto). I left jumbo packets disabled (as they already were by default).

Windows Event Log Analysis Splunk App

Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net.

Read more...

 

Cisco ASA Log Analyzer Splunk App

Obtain enhanced visibility into Cisco ASA firewall logs using the free Firegen for Cisco ASA Splunk App. Take advantage of dashboards built to optimize the threat analysis process.

Read more...