- Error code: 0x8004020E - From a newsgroup post: "The SMTP settings need to be carefully set. The authentication required by the mail server for the email address should also be appropriate. From your error code, I guess that you are missing something in the authentication of the server. The Error code 0x8004020E
means System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004020E): The server rejected the sender address. The server response was: 454 5.7.3. Client does not have permission to submit mail to this server".
- Error code: 0x80040213 - From a newsgroup post: "The Error code 0x80040213
indicates that fax is timing out trying to find the location of the email recipient. Check the configuration of the fax server and SMTP server using the steps below.
A. Verify the Fax Server Configuration.
1. Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Communications -> Fax -> Fax Service Manager.
2. Right-click Fax (Local) and choose Properties.
3. Click the Receipts tab.
4. On the Receipts tab, verify the "Enable SMTP e-mail receipts delivery" check box is checked.
5. In the From e-mail address box, type the e-mail address of the sender of the delivery notification receipt. For example, [email protected]
6. In the Server address box, type the address of the SMTP server. For example, server.domain.local. If the FQDN is already in there, try using the server's internal IP address.
7. In the Port box, verify the port is "25" (without the quotation marks).
8. Click the Authentication button, verify the "Anonymous access" option is selected and click OK all the way out.
NOTE: The authentication method defined here must match the authentication method defined in the Exchange SMTP server. By default, it is set to Anonymous access.
B. Verify the SMTP Server Configuration.
1. Start the Exchange System Manager.
2. Expand Servers, expand <servername>, expand Protocols, and then expand SMTP.
3. Right-click "Default SMTP Virtual Server" and click Properties. On the General tab, click the Advanced button and verify that the IP address is the same as that specified in step 6 above or is set to All Unassigned and the TCP port is set to 25. Click OK.
4. Click the Access tab, click the Authentication button, and verify Anonymous access is selected. If the other check boxes are selected, that is fine. Click OK.
5. On the Access tab, click the Connection button, and verify "All except the list below" is selected and the list does not contain any IP addresses assigned to the server including 127.0.0.1.
6. Click OK all the way out of the Default SMTP Virtual Server properties and restart the Default SMTP Virtual Server".