Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net. The EventId.Net for Splunk Add-on assumes that Splunk is collecting information from Windows servers and workstation via the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
Failed to register with the APS <APS>. Please make sure the APS is up and running. Attempting an automatic retry...
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
See the link to "Business Objects Support Article ID: c2010314" for information about this event.
From a newsgroup post: "All the Crystal services have to register with the APS service when they startup. If the APS is not started the other crystal services will keep retrying to register until they successfully register with the APS. After the reboot the APS is not starting up in time for the other Crystal services to register with, the first time they try. When they try the second time then it is successful. To resolve this so the Crystal services startup and register successfully the first time, follow these steps to make a dependency on the APS service.
1. Go to Start -> Programs -> Crystal Enterprise -> Crystal Configuration Manager.
2. Stop all the Crystal services. (Highlight them all and choose Stop).
3. Right click on the Crystal Cache Server and choose Properties.
4. Under the Dependency Tab, click Add.
5. Search for Crystal APS. When you find Crystal APS highlight it and choose Add.
6. Then click OK.
7. Now do steps 3-6 for the rest of the Crystal services:
- Crystal Event Server
- Crystal Input File Repository Server
- Crystal Output File Repository Server
- Crystal Page Server
- Crystal Report Job Server
- Crystal Web Component Server.
8. Now start all the services. (Highlight them all and choose Start)".
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Links: Business Objects Support Article ID: c2010314|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated