Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net. The EventId.Net for Splunk Add-on assumes that Splunk is collecting information from Windows servers and workstation via the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
|Source: MSExchange System Attendant Mailbox|
A transient failure has occurred. The problem may resolve itself in a while. The service will retry in 56 seconds.
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
Exchange 2007 Administrator
In my case this was due to my Information Store service not started in my SCR server, I never thought queues at transport level where affected by the target mailbox server services (not the source mailbox with all services Ok).
2007 SCR constellation with PRE-prapred Mailboxes on SCR Target - If you prepare SG and Mailboxes On the SCR Target (This is done so in an emergency you can bend the mailbox over to the recovered SCR Target DB by script. You just prepare an empty DB with no files, just the suroundings). This DB/SG are unmounted.
Because of the fact that there is no active DB on the SCR target, you get error 4001/8197 events. The solution is to make a dummy SG/Mailbox and move the "System Attendant" to that Mailbox. It's in fact just some intervals that run on the server and see that there is no database mounted. (Those process do not know that this an SCR Target9. we hoped that this would have been solved in Rollup 8.
In my case it was Permissions Inheritance Block on the Exchange Organization Object. Once I changed it, I was able to start the information store on the Exchange 2007 Server.
In my case I have a win 2000 level AD running on Windows 2008 AD. I received this error when adding a group policy. I removed the Group Policy and restarted the Exchange server services manually. All went fine after that.
We received this error when the drive containing the .stm database and transaction logs went offline. Verify that your log files and .stm database are accessible.
As per Microsoft: "This error event indicates that the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service logged a transient failure. This event may be caused by a dependency not having yet initialized or by a transient connection problem". See MSEX2K3DB for details.
In my case, this error disappeared after defining the WINS server in the Exchange server network properties.
In my case this error appeared after applying Update Rollup 5 for Exchange Server 2007 (see ME941421). The mailbox database became dismounted, so I just mounted it manually.
In my case for Exchange 2007, the Information Store was starting before the System Attendant and it could not read from my Global Catalog server. I changed the following in the registry:
- Add MSExchangeSA to DependOnService at HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS. The errors never appeared again.
In my case, the problem was caused by a corrupted scheme in AD. On Exchange 2007 DVD, I ran setup.exe /p to recreate the scheme. The error messages stopped and nothing was lost. The queued messages were then delivered.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated