- Error Code: 8007000E = “The COM+ Event System ran out of memory during its internal processing, at line .\notify.cpp” - This error has been encountered when an application was attempting to write to the NT/W2K event log but the NT/W2K event log was full. The event log was set to “Override events older than NN days” (and there was no system message indicating that it was full). Changing this to “Overwrite Events as Needed” removed the error. The application in question was a Visual Basic 6 application, it is not clear if that is significant.
Various other things can cause this error. Errors you might see are "System Resource Exceeded" and "Not Enough Storage Is Available to Complete This Operation". You should see the following KB articles to see if any of these situations apply to your problem:
- BUG: "Not Enough Storage Is Available to Complete This Operation" with Oracle OLE DB.
- BUG: RegQueryValueEx() Fails When lpValueName Is NULL.
- FIX: "Not Enough Storage is Available..." Error with ADO.
- Index Server Queries Return Not Enough Storage Is Available Error.
- BUG: ListAvailableServers Method of the SQLDMO.Application Object Causes Error 0x800A000E.
Otherwise, a sure way to alleviate the problem is to upgrade or reinstall the latest version of MDAC.
In my case, this problem appeared because the SQL server ran out of resources. The error 8007000e indicates that not enough storage is available to complete the operation. In other words, the error 8007000e is a "out of memory" error. Release memory and try again.