Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net. The EventId.Net for Splunk Add-on assumes that Splunk is collecting information from Windows servers and workstation via the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
|Source: Windows Backup|
The backup was not successful. The error is: Access is denied. (0x80070005).
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
This event can be recorded in corelation with various error codes. The troubleshooting approach should be based on the particular error code recorded in the event description.
Reported error codes:
- 0x80070005 = Access denied. There can be quite a large number of situation when this type of error can be recorded. See the link for the Error code 0x80070005. See also EV100049.
- 0x81000037 = Windows Backup failed while trying to read from the shadow copy on one of the volumes being backed up. See ME973455.
From a support forum: "I found what caused this problem in my case - I was using a work around to add a network folder to Libraries.
Replacing my link to network folder with a folder stopped the error.
Of coarse it also removes my network folder from the libraries but perhaps there is another way to cure that."
Another post: "in my case it is the antivirus software (eset nod32). When it is disabled, backup works like a charm. When it is enabled, I get exactly the same error you described." See EV100048 for the full thread.
0x80070001 = Invalid Function - See ME973455.
0x80070003 = The system cannot find the path specified.- See ME973455 and Error code 3
- 0x80780048 = There is not enough free space on the backup storage location to back up the data.
- 0x80070002 = The system cannot find the file specified. See EV100049.
- 0x80070032 = The request is not supported.
- 0x81000109 = Windows cannot create a shadow copy due to internal error in other system components. See EV100049.
- 0x8007007B = There was an unexpected error. The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. See EV100049.
- 0x8007000E - See EV100049.
- 0x800423F4 = The writer experienced a non-transient error. See EV100049.
- 0x80070057 = The parameter is incorrect. See EV100049.
- 0x8007000E = Not enough storage is available to complete this operation. See EV100049.
- 0xC00000EA - See EV100049.
- 0x80071A91 - See EV100049.
- 0x81000005 - See EV100049.
-0x800423F3 - See EV100049.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Links: Error code 0x80070005, ME973455, Error code 3, EV100048|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
|Custom search for *****: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated