Event ID/Source search
Keyword searchExample: Windows cannot unload your registry file
Event ID: 412 Source: DNS
The DNS server is bound to a large number of IP addresses. Each of these server IP addresses consumes additional system resources and can add a slight increase in performance overhead for DNS query reception. In most cases, you can remove secondary IP addresses that are not required to support server networking hardware. For more information, see "Configuring multihomed servers" in the online Help.
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
|Concepts to understand:|
What is the role of a DNS server?
From a newsgroup post: "The event error appears because you are running DNS on your IIS box and each time you add an IP address to the NIC the DNS server service adds it as an address it must listen on. This is because the default setting for DNS is "All IP Addresses". You need to remove extra IP addresses from the DNS server configuration. Follow the following steps and the event error should vanish:
1. Click Start, point to Program Files, point to Administrative Tools, and then click DNS to start the DNS Console.
2. In the DNS Console, right-click the <server name> in the left pane, click Properties, and then click the Interfaces tab.
3. Click "Only the following IP addresses", type the internal IP address of the server that your clients use for DNS resolution and then click Add.
4. Click Apply, and then click OK.
5. Stop, and then restart the DNS Server service".
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated