Event ID/Source search
Keyword searchExample: Windows cannot unload your registry file
Event ID: 4185 Source: MSDTC
MS DTC Transaction Manager start failed. LogInit returned error <error code>.
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
|Concepts to understand:|
What are the common reasons for which a service may fail to start?
What is the role of the MSDTC service?
Error code: 0x103a - My Dtclog folder at "%SystemRoot%\System32\" was missing altogether. I recreated the folder and then created an empty file as specified in JSI Tip 4593. Once I restarted the Distributed Transaction Coordinator service, the error went away.
- Error code: 0xc000101d - This behavior is caused by an error in the log file manager that causes the transaction log file to fill with checkpoint data. See ME875498 for a hotfix applicable to Microsoft Windows Server 2003.
- Error code: 0x15 - See ME900216 to find out why this behavior occurs and to solve the problem.
- Error code: 0x2 - See "JSI Tip 4593".
- Error code: 0x5 - See ME916926.
- Error code: 0x5 - Make sure the “NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE” account has “Read/Write” access to “C:\%systemroot%\system32\MsDtc\MSDTC.LOG”.
Error code: 0x8004005 - For a generic description of this type of error see the link to Error code 0x8004005.
Error code: 0x2 = "The system cannot find the file specified" - For a generic description of this type of error see the link to Error code 2.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Links: ME875498, ME900216, ME916926, Error code 2, Error code 0x8004005, JSI Tip 4593|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
|Custom search for *****: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated