Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net. The EventId.Net for Splunk Add-on assumes that Splunk is collecting information from Windows servers and workstation via the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
MS DTC started with the following settings (OFF = 0 and ON = 1):
Network Administration of Transactions = 0,
Network Clients = 0,
Inbound Distributed Transactions using Native MSDTC Protocol = 0,
Outbound Distributed Transactions using Native MSDTC Protocol = 0,
Transaction Internet Protocol (TIP) = 0,
XA Transactions = 0
Filtering Duplicate events = 1
|English: This information is only available to subscribers. An example of English, please!|
|Concepts to understand:|
What is the role of the MSDTC service?
What is XA?
What is a distributed transaction?
This event is just informational, to describe the status of MS DTC after a restart, however, it is often recorded in conjuction with other messages (errors) from the same service (MSDTC).
From a support forum: "To resolve this, go through the following steps:
1. Start/Administrative Tools/Component Services
2. Navigate the tree view on the left to:
- Console Root
- Component Services
- My Computer
3. Right click on "My Computer"
- Select properties
- Select the MSDTC Tab
- Under "Transaction Configuration" near the bottom, click "Security Configuration"
4. On the Security Configuration screen, just click OK - don't change anything.
5. Back on the "My Computer Properties" screen, click OK again to dismiss
6. Right click on "My Computer" in the tree view and select "Stop MS DTC"
7. Right click on "My Computer" in the tree view and select "Start MS DTC"
8. Close the Component Services snapin."
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
|Custom search for *****: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated