Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net. The EventId.Net for Splunk Add-on assumes that Splunk is collecting information from Windows servers and workstation via the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
|Source: Internet Explorer 7 Disk|
The description for Event ID ( 4373 ) in Source ( Internet Explorer 7 Disk ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Internet Explorer 7, ie7, The configuration registry key could not be written.
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
|Concepts to understand:|
What is a DLL?
What is causing the “The description for Event ID ( … ) in Source ( …. ) cannot be found… “?
On Win XP Home SP2 I could not install IE 7 (installed to seemingly the end, then rolled back and had to restart). I did the following:
1. Referenced ME917925
2. Disabled virus and internet security for 1 hour.
3. Edited jpeg, gif and png registry entries for Administrator privileges as per the MS KB article.
4. Tried to reinstall but still received "Unwriteable key HKCR\mailto" and "Unwriteable key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\mailto"
5. Googled "Unwriteable key HKCR\mailto" and found "Newsgroup Post"
6. Tried miket1024's suggestion (I was running under an administrator account. I had to login to the other administrator accounts to determine which one had the "mailto keys" access. Found it and edited permissions in registry successfully.
7. IE 7 installation succeeded.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Links: ME917925, Newsgroup Post|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated