Event ID/Source search
Keyword searchExample: Windows cannot unload your registry file
Event ID: 4522 Source: ClusSvc
Majority Node Set resource has failed to come online. The resource has detected that it does not have the latest copy of server cluster database. If this is a two node cluster try starting cluster service on the other node and let this node join the cluster. If that does not work use /forcequorum startup option to start cluster service. See KB article KB258078 for details on cluster service startup options.
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
From a support forum:
CRS Rehearsal - Cluster and DC/AD Recovery:
Summary: This article describes how to recovery Active Directory Cluster services after BCRS Rehearsal test also issues you have to consider with which could appear during/after such as test.
1. Netlogon: The RPC server is unavailable
2. Majority Node Set resource has failed to come online
- Cluster IP Address resource "Spooler IP" cannot be brought online because address 10.41.120.95 is already present on the network.
- Cluster resource "MNS" in Resource Group "Cluster Group" failed
See ME258078, ME919117, ME932465, and ME937444.
How to create resource via command line:
cluster res "Disk G:" /create /type:"Physical Disk" /group:"Oracle SOP"
cluster res "Disk G:" /priv Drive="G:"
cluster res "Disk G:" /priv signature="901ADF37"
Check SCSI reservation using the HPprutil.exe utility (C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP MPIO DSM\EVA DSM\x86>HPprutil.exe)
Step 1: How to repair AD/DC
a. Set size FSMO roles to new DC even you will be able to list them on new server you have to do it anyway ( make sure that you have PW to restore AD services )
b. If done then restart KDC Service and Netlogon service
c. Check if Netlogon share is working fine also security/permissions defined
d. Check if domain name is accessible ( in my case cp.com )
e. Modify registry key below to Hex-Value 4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\NtFrs\Parameters\Backup/Restore\Process at Startup]
f. Execute Dcdiag /fix parameter
g. Restart DC
h. Execute : Dcdiag /fix and netdiag /fix again
After-that issue with AD should disappeared in case that the issue will be still then there is recommended AD authoritative restore.
Step 2: How to repair Cluster and its resources after BRCS:
1. Open Device Manager -> Storages and look if disks are available if not apply these changes:
- Change ClusterDiskDriver to "disable" & stop
- Change ClusterNetworkDriver to "disable" & stop
2. If disks are still not accessable reboot the server
3. Open Device Manager -> Storages and and check if disks are available:
- Assign the right drive letters to disks
- Change ClusterDiskDriver to "system" & start
- Change ClusterNetworkDriver to "demand" & start
4. Open Device Manager -> Services and startup the Cluster Service with option "-fixquorum"
5. If Cluster Service doesn't start check dependencies and fix issues from Event Logs
6. Open Cluster Admin Console and check that:
- All disks are online (resources)
- Change Cluster Quorum Disk to another disk
- Stop Cluster Service remove option "-fixquorum" and start-up service again
- Change Cluster Quorum Disk to original Quorum Disk
- Restart Cluster Service
7. For 2nd node of the cluster you can install new server and add this server into to existing cluster or redo above steps also for 2nd cluster node (don't forgot 1st cluster node must be powered down during this action).
Cluster IP Address resource "Spooler IP" cannot be brought online because address 10.41.120.95 is already present on the network. There is needed to assign correct IP Address.
Additionally you can check recommendations/tips in paragraph no. 2 in my case was root cause of issue corrupted clusdb.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Links: ME258078, ME919117, ME932465, ME937444|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
|Custom search for *****: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated