Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net. The EventId.Net for Splunk Add-on assumes that Splunk is collecting information from Windows servers and workstation via the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
<service> (248) Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error '<error>'.
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
|Concepts to understand:|
Why are some errors “unexpected”?
What is the role of ESENT?
As per ME954407, this issue occurs if the previous IFM (Install from Media) procedure was canceled or closed before it was finished. When this occurs, temporary files may be left in the Temp folder in the user's profile. See the article for resolution.
My error was, wuaueng.dll (1080) SUS20ClientDataStore: Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -1216.
The solution was to boot the system into safe mode, locate the folder SoftwareDistribution under Windows, rename to SoftwareDistribution.old, and then reboot system normally.
- Error code: -1216 - See ME954403.
- Error code: 530 - See "JSI Tip 3561". WITP74879
As per Microsoft: "The ESENT storage engine could not automatically recover data when the system stopped responding or the power failed. As a result, database data is now unavailable. Typically, this error occurs because an anti-virus program is actively scanning ESENT files". See MSW2KDB for more details.
- Error code: -1011, service: wuaueng.dll - This happened on a Windows 2000 Terminal Server. The dll was the give away (Windows Update). To fix the problem I have done the following:
- stopped the Automatic Updates Service.
- deleted the %WINDIR%\Software Distribution folder (or rename).
- started the Automatic Updates Service.
After this, I ran Windows Update and the errors did not appear anymore.
- Error: -1206 = JET_errDatabaseCorrupted - In my case, the errors were caused by a corrupted email, sitting in the Incoming Mail folder of POP3Connector in SBS2003, trying to be processed by imbdlvr.exe. The "Imbdlvr.exe" process was also consuming up to 100% of the CPU. To fix this problem, I transferred all the emails out of the Incoming Mail folder, transferred back these emails one at a time and ran imbdlvr.exe manually each time to locate the corrupted message.
I have found this to be due to a disk space issue on the system partition. There was not enough free space on the system partition for ESENT, which needed about 200MB to write a “tmp.edb” file.
As per Microsoft: "Event ID 454 is a generic event that indicates a problem either with a restore operation or with the recovery of an Exchange 2000 Information Store database. Generally, Event ID 454 means that Exchange 2000 has determined that:
Files in the database's running set are missing.
Files in the database's running set have been replaced with different versions.
Files in the database's running set are corrupted.
The error number in the Event Description indicates what the specific problem is". ME810198 lists some of the most frequent causes and the corresponding resolutions for this event.
- Error code: -255 = JET_errDatabaseBufferDependenciesCorrupted – From a newsgroup post: “If your database is not starting up with this error, you will most likely have to perform a hard repair of your database to get it to start. In addition, you should run ISINTEG -fix with alltests once the repair (eseutil /p) has completed”.
- Error code: -1811 - See Error code 1811.
Follow the link to "EventID 454 from source Ese98" for more details.
- Error code: -539 - When I tried to install Service Pack 1, I received this error. I found the following tip is useful to eliminate this error:
1. "net stop cryptsvc".
2. "ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 oldcatroot2".
3. "net start cryptsvc".
Error code -567.This error appeared after an Exchange 2000 database restore. The Jet error -567 equates to "dbtime on page in advence of the dbtimeBefore in record". It would appear that this event is caused by a corrupt Exchange transaction log.
As per Microsoft: "This issue occurs if the local Group Policy database file is corrupt." See the link below.
The error code could explain the event. See ME266361 for error codes.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Links: EventID 454 from source Ese98|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (1) - More links...|
|Custom search for *****: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated