Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net. The EventId.Net for Splunk Add-on assumes that Splunk is collecting information from Windows servers and workstation via the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
The time service encountered an error and was forced to shut down. The error was: <error code>.
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
- Error code 0x8007046A: Not enough server storage is available to process this command. W32Time was stopped and could not restart. Server storage was not an issue. Restarted the WMI which forced SMS Agent Host restart. WMI hung on shutdown. Terminated the wmiprvse.exe process for user NETWORK SERVICE. WMI ended, restarted WMI, SMS and W32Time - problem solved.
- Error code: 0x80070700 - This issue occurs if incorrect permissions are applied to the Net Logon service in Group Policy. Windows Server 2003 SP1 changes the startup configuration of the Windows Time service from the LOCAL SYSTEM account to the LOCAL SERVICE account. See ME932462 to solve this problem.
See MSW2KDB for additional information about this event.
- Error code: 0x80070514 - In my case, this error appeared after installing Windows 2003 SP1 using the Patchlink agent. Manually removing SP1 and then manually installing it solved the problem.
- Error code: 0x80070700 - See ME892501 to fix this problem.
- Error code: 0x80070700 = "An attempt was made to logon, but the network logon service was not started" - I had this same problem and managed to fix it. The problem was that the service account the time-server is running under does not have read access to the NetLogon service. I modified this by DC group policy by going into the services portion and adding the service account the time service runs under, and gave it “read” access to the NetLogon service.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (1) - More links...|
|Custom search for *****: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated