As a general consideration, please note that each combination of error code and line number points to a different type of problem so the troubleshooting suggestions for one code should only be applied to the same type of error code.
The actual line number and the subsequent reference to the C++ page (.cpp) points to the original programming source of the COM Event System. For Windows Vista, the reported code page is d:\vistasp1_gdr\com\complus\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp.
* * *
Reported error codes:
- 8007041F = The service database is locked - See Error code 0x8007041F
- 800706BF = From a newsgroup post: "This error is associated with a misbehaving DCOM call". See Error code 0x800706BF
for more details.
For code 800706BA see the virus removal procedure in the link to Symantec.
- 80070005 = Correlated with events 4689 and 778 this may indicate a corrupted COM+ catalog. Articles ME315296
(and to lesser extent ME246499
) provide details on how to reset the catalog:
1. Rename the %WinDir%\System32\Clbcatq.dll file to %WinDir%\System32\~Clbcatq.dll. Make sure that you include the tilde (~) at the start of the file name.
2. Restart the computer.
3. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
4. Locate and delete the following key in the registry:
5. At a command prompt, type cd %windir%, and then press ENTER.
6. At a command prompt, type rmdir /s Registration, and then press ENTER. This is the location folder of the registration database.
7. Click the Start button, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
8. Double-click Add/Remove Programs, and then click Add/Remove Windows Components.
9. Click Next to go through the reinstallation process, to reinstall COM+.
10. If IIS is installed on the computer, IIS creates several COM+ applications. These applications will now be missing. To re-create these applications, run the following command at a command prompt:
rundll32 %windir%\system32\inetsrv\wamreg.dll, CreateIISPackage
If Windows File Protection blocks the renaming and deletion, restart the computer in Safe mode, and follow these steps again.
Note If you have MS04-012 installed, you must now re-install MS04-012. For more information about security update MS04-012 see ME828741