Event ID/Source search
Keyword searchExample: Windows cannot unload your registry file
Event ID: 501 Source: DNS
The DNS server has detected that the zone 0.in-addr.arpa has a missing or corrupted zone type in registry data. To correct the problem, you can delete the applicable zone subkey, located under DNS server parameters in the Windows 2000 registry. You can then recreate the zone using the DNS console. For more information, see "Tuning advanced server parameters" and "Add and Remove Zones" in the online Help.
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
|Concepts to understand:|
What is the role of a DNS server?
As per Microsoft: "The Notify option may have been used on one or more of the automatically created zones. This occurs if an IP address is specified in the zone properties or the Only Allow Access from Secondaries Included on Notify List option is enabled". See ME256318 to solve this problem.
See ME316259 for information.
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit or regedt32, and then press Enter.
3. Open the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DNS\Zones" subkey.
4. Right-click the specified zone name in the left pane, and then click Delete.
5. Close the registry editor, and then restart the computer.
6. In DNS Manager, recreate the specified zone file using the appropriate server name.
7. Click DNS on the menu bar, and then click Update Server Data Files.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Links: ME256318, ME316259|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated