Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net. The EventId.Net for Splunk Add-on assumes that Splunk is collecting information from Windows servers and workstation via the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
CollectDhcpPerformance routine failed because Shared memory segment wasn't created
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
|Concepts to understand:|
What is DHCP?
What are the performance counters?
What is a DHCP Lease?
I rang Microsoft on this one and they pointed me in the direction of some winmgmt switches and a registry setting. I have found that this has worked so far on both Win2K SP2 and SP3 machines.
- Go to a command prompt and type in winmgmt /clearadap and click enter.
- Open the task manager and find out the PID of the winmgmt.exe process.
- Go back to the command prompt and type in winmgmt /resyncperf "pid of winmgmt process" e.g. winmgmt /resyncperf 1765.
- Open regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Wbem\CIMOM.
- Set the value of ADAPPerflbTimeout to 180 (in decimal).
This error occurs whenever a DHCP server is running without any scope defined.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated