Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net. The EventId.Net for Splunk Add-on assumes that Splunk is collecting information from Windows servers and workstation via the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
|Source: Service Control Manager|
The <function> call failed with the following error: <error>.
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
|Concepts to understand:|
What is an RPC?
What is the LSA?
What is the role of the Service Control Manager?
What is a security context?
- Function: LoadUserProfile, error: "Access is denied" - See ME266118.
- Function: LoadUserProfile, error: "The device is not ready" - This problem occurs because you cannot load a user profile during the Mini Setup phase of Sysprep. See ME314940 for details.
- Function: RpcImpersonateClient, error: "No security context is available to allow impersonation" - This issue can occur because of language settings in Control Panel. See ME152235 to find out how you can solve this problem.
- Function: LsaCreateSecret, error: C0000035 - See ME128488.
- Function: RpcImpersonateClient, error: "No security context is available to allow impersonation" - As per Microsoft: "This problem may occur if the client process ends soon after the process makes an RPC call to the Service Control Manager, or if the client process does not permit the RPC server to impersonate the client". See ME838633 for a hotfix applicable to Microsoft Windows Server 2003.
See MSW2KDB for additional information on this event.
As per Microsoft: "Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Windows NT versions 3.5 and 3.51. We are researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available." See ME137552 for more details. Please note that this error is listed as occuring in Windows NT 3.5x so the Q article might not really apply to all versions of Windows but it may provide additional clues.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Links: ME128488, ME137552, ME152235, ME266118, ME314940, ME838633, MSW2KDB|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (2) - More links...|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated