Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net. The EventId.Net for Splunk Add-on assumes that Splunk is collecting information from Windows servers and workstation via the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
|Source: Service Control Manager|
The <service name> service has reported an invalid current state 0.
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
|Concepts to understand:|
What is the role of the Service Control Manager?
- Service: Norton Internet Security Service - See the link to "Symantec Support Document ID: 2000043381094065".
- Service: Symantec Client Firewall - See the link to "Symantec Support Document ID:2003042311514948".
- Service: IMG License Manager - See the link to "IMG Faq".
- Service: Symantec Client Firewall - See the link to "Symantec Support Document ID:2002091810595448".
- Service: Xerox Advanced Windows Services - See ME888206.
As per Microsoft: "The service controller cannot recognize the state code reported by the service specified". See ME320789 and MSW2KDB for additional information on this event.
- Service: ControlIT - See ME263708.
This event is not directly reported by the service experiencing the problem so by itself provides little information on what is wrong. Look for more events from the service itself. Several users fixed this problem by downloading patches/service packs for the service mentioned in the event description. See also ME257509 for some additional information about this event.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Links: ME257509, ME263708, ME320789, ME888206, Symantec Support Document ID:2002091810595448, Symantec Support Document ID: 2000043381094065, Symantec Support Document ID:2003042311514948, IMG Faq, MSW2KDB|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (2) - More links...|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated