Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net. The EventId.Net for Splunk Add-on assumes that Splunk is collecting information from Windows servers and workstation via the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
LDAP Add on directory <directory name> for entry '<entry name>' was unsuccessful with error:[0x<error code>] <error details>
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
|Concepts to understand:|
What is LDAP?
What is the role of the Microsoft Active Directory Connector (MSADC) ?
- Error code: 0x13 - This issue may occur if either the ADC service account or the Exchange Server service account does not have the SeRestorePrivilege set. See ME329200 for details.
- Error code: 0x35 - This behavior occurs because when the ADC creates enabled or disabled accounts, it does not set a strong password, which is not an issue for disabled users because strong password policy is not applicable to disabled user accounts. See ME297191 to solve this problem.
- Error code: 0x44 - This problem can occur if the ADC does not correctly import two Exchange Server 5.5 distribution lists when the distribution list alias names are similar. See ME306999 and ME313112 for more information about this problem.
As per Microsoft: "If the accompanying Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) message refers to LDAP_OTHER, the directory service may be out of disk space". See MSEX2KDB for additional information about this event.
- Error code: 0x44 - This behavior occurs because duplicate attributes exist in Active Directory. See ME291385 for a workaround.
- Error code: 0x32 - This error occurs if the diagnostic logging level for the LDAP Operations category is set to Minimum or higher. See ME257250 for details.
- Error code: 0x40 - This behavior occurs because Outlook 2000 and Outlook 98 allow for spaces at the end of folder name. See ME296871 for more information.
Elliott Fields Jr
Error code: 50, error details: "Other [ 00000523: SysErr: DSID-031A0B4C, problem 22 (Invalid argument), data 0 ]. (Connection Agreement YOUR CONNECTION AGREEMENT #1944)" - This problem can occur if the Exchange 2000 ADC truncates the portion of the alias after the period leaving the period as the last character of the alias. To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server. See ME303908 for details.
Check network connectivity. Verify the user name, password, and port address are correct, and try again. If the problem persists, verify that the remote Exchange server is configured to support LDAP. See MSADC Events link below.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Links: ME257250, ME291385, ME296871, ME297191, ME303908, ME306999, ME313112, ME329200, MSADC Events, MSEX2KDB|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated