Event ID/Source search
Keyword searchExample: Windows cannot unload your registry file
Event ID: 8206 Source: EXCDO
Calendaring agent failed with error code <error code> while saving appointment.
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
- Error: 0x80040215 - See ME556073 and ME943371.
- Error: 0x8004010f - See ME943721 for a hotfix applicable to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003.
- Error: 0xfffff9bf - See ME943721 for a hotfix applicable to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003.
- Error: 0x80040229 - See ME896105 for a hotfix applicable to Microsoft Exchange 2000.
- Error: 0x8000ffff (Error code 0x8000ffff) - See the link to "Symantec Knowledge Base Document ID: 2002021311592148".
- Error: 0x80150856 - See ME195867.
- Error: 0x8007000e - See ME891082 for a hotfix applicable to Microsoft Exchange 2000.
To resolve this problem, install update ME951662 for Microsoft Office Communicator 2007.
- Error: 0x8004010f (Error code 0x8004010f) - See ME821293. Also check ME823159 for more details.
- Error: 0x80040229 (Error code 0x80040229) - This problem may occur when Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition is installed on the Exchange 2000 computer and it is configured to scan the Exchange directory structure. See ME301234 for more details.
- Error: 0x8007000e (Error code 0x8007000e) - See ME892524.
Do not attempt to back up or use an antivirus scanner against drive M of an Exchange 2000 Server computer. If you do so, problems may occur with calendaring, access to attachments and messages, and damage to the Exchange 2000 database. See ME298924 for more details.
From a newsgroup post: "I had this problem about a month ago and it took some work to track it down. It turned out that a MAC user on my network had upgraded his version of OSX and it somehow messed up the sync between his PDA and workstation; which was syncing Enterouge to my Exchange server. The errors appeared whenever he began the sync process or opened his Inbox. He had to update some of the software on the PDA before the sync would complete and then the errors disappeared".
As per Microsoft: "The 8206 event indicates that the Free/Busy component in Exchange 2000 had a problem accessing Calendaring or Free/Busy information. This event is seen typically when the Exchange IFS Drive (also called M Drive) is being scanned by a file-level scanner. This event has several variations, with the error code in the Description section differentiating each of the variants. The error codes usually are Collaboration Data Objects (CDO) codes referring to bad data, or authentication failures, etc.". See MSEX2K3DB for more details.
See ME305030 and ME837285 for more information on this event.
Error: 0x8000ffff (Error code 0x8000ffff) - As per some newsgroups postings, this error might be caused by an antivirus software interfering with Exchange (i.e. Norton AntiVirus is causing this when scanning mailboxes on the M drive). K.M.: See the link to ME299046.
Error: 0x8004010f (Error code 0x8004010f) - From a newsgroup post: "I have had this problem and MS said that it's problem with Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2000 when more than one person has editor or higher permissions to a users calendar. Be carefully we had random calendar events disappear because of this problem. We had to restrict permissions to allow only one person editor permissions all users calendars.The email addess or alias should be in the event log of the person that this is affecting."
Error: 0x80040215. This issue can occur if the MSExchangeFBPublish key or its subkeys are missing from the Microsoft Windows registry. See ME310440.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Links: ME195867, ME298924, ME299046, ME301234, ME305030, ME310440, ME556073, ME821293, ME823159, ME837285, ME891082, ME892524, ME896105, ME943371, ME943721, ME951870, Error code 0x8000ffff, Error code 0x8004010f, Error code 0x8007000e, Exchange Server 2003 Event message 8206, MSEX2K3DB|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (3) - More links...|
|Custom search for *****: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated