Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net. The EventId.Net for Splunk Add-on assumes that Splunk is collecting information from Windows servers and workstation via the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
Error updating public folders with free-busy information. The error number is <error code>
|English: This information is only available to subscribers. An example of English, please!|
|Concepts to understand:|
What is an Exchange public folder?
You might want to make sure that your "default offline address list" is pointing to the right server, if you performed a migration or have more than one Exchange server. See ME905813 for more information.
See “Removing the First Exchange 2003 Server (Part 1)”. This fixed the problem for me. Follow it through all except for the very end part about removal of the item.
Somehow while upgrading to 2003 a very long time ago, the replication for the free + Busy system folder went missing. I.e. it never replicated and therefore it did not exist per say. I added a replication schedule, waited for it to replicate and the problem was sorted. Once it was fixed, I ran "Outlook /cleanfreebusy" from the run menu for every user via my login script and the problem was sorted. You can also send a system wide meeting invite to force this info to be repaired as well.
My issue was far simpler; I had moved the public folder tree (Exchange 2003) in order to rebuild a server. After the tree had been restored, this error kept coming up. In our case, no ones free busy information was being updated. I looked at all of the related material and none of it was really applicable.
The proper folder did exist in the Schedule + Free Busy folder and the folder was homed to the appropriate store. I discovered that there was no replica of the public folder on any server. I selected the replication tab and clicked add, selected the appropriate server and voila. It was necessary to have each user accept a meeting invitation to initialize the free busy information.
- Error code: 0x8004010f (Error code 0x8004010f) - This problem occurs only when the English version of Exchange Server 2003 is running on the English version of Windows Server 2003 with the Turkish regional settings. See ME908924 to solve the problem.
As per Microsoft: "Free/Busy Publishing was unable to update the public store with the free/busy information of a user. This usually occurs if the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service goes down or if the public store is down or offline. Could also be caused by replication issues". See MSEX2K3DB for additional information about this event.
Error code: 0x80070005 - See ME830501 and the link to Error code 0x80070005.
Woodrow Wayne Collins
As per a newsgroup posting from a Microsoft support engineer: "These are the 2 articles that we used to try and reset your PF's:
ME275171: How to Reset System Folders on an Exchange 2000 Server
ME284200: Schedule+ Free/Busy System Folder Is Missing"
Error number: 0x80004003 = E_POINTER = 'An invalid pointer was used." - From a newsgroup post: "This may happen if a public folders is moved to the new server before being downed. The old 5.5 server shour be brought back up and the errors should stop. If so, the public folder store should be moved to the new server before the old one is brought down."
Error number: 0x80004005 = MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED = "An error of unexpected or unknown origin occurred." - no info
Error number: 0x8000ffff = E_UNEXPECTED = "Unexpected failure." - no info
Mail disabling and then re-enabling SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY FOLDER did the trick for me. See the link for "Troubleshooting free/busy issues".
According to Microsoft PSS this issue occurs on the public store when a dismount/mount occurs. We received many of these errors with no impact to users. Only resolution they could provide was a reboot or applying SP3 for Exchange 2K.
Error number 0x8004005. ME327336 says this may happen when mounting/unmounting Public Folder stores. SP3 supposedly fixes this.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Links: ME275171, ME284200, ME327336, ME819793, ME830501, ME905813, ME908924, Error code 0x8004010f, WE! Consulting Group - Troubleshooting free/busy issues, Error code 0x80070005, Removing the First Exchange 2003 Server (Part 1), MSEX2K3DB|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (1) - More links...|
|Custom search for *****: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated