Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net. The EventId.Net for Splunk Add-on assumes that Splunk is collecting information from Windows servers and workstation via the Splunk Universal Forwarder.
DSACCESS returned an error '<error code>' on DS notification. Microsoft Exchange System Attendant will re-set DS notification later.
|English: Request a translation of the event description in plain English.|
|Concepts to understand:|
What is the role of the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant (MSExchangeSA) service?
What is the role on System Attendant service?
- Error code: 0x80040920 - See ME917681.
- Error code: 0xc0040391 - See the link to "www.mcse.ms - Thread ID 524649" for information on this problem.
As per Microsoft: "This event is displayed in the application log when the Exchange server is unable to access a domain controller. For example, this event can occur when a domain controller is restarted, if that is the ONLY domain controller in the site to which the Exchange server belongs". See MSEX2K3DB for more details on this event.
See ME842116 and ME895858 for additional information on this event.
1. Right click on My Network Places and select Properties
2. From the Menu Select Advanced and then select the Advanced Settings
3. In the connections box confirm that the Internal Network Card is at the top of the binding order. Select OK
4. Right click on the External NIC and select Properties
5. Highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click on the Properties button. Then click on the the Advanced button
6. On the Advanced TCP/IP Settings select the DNS Tab.
7. Remove the ISP's Ip address from DNS and leave it blank.
8. Click OK to save the Network settings.
9. Verify that the Internal network card is configured to only point to the SBS server's internal IP address for DNS using steps 4 - 8.
10. Go to Start/Programs/Administrative Tools/DNS
11. Right click on the server's name in the DNS MMC and select Properties
12. Click on the Forwarders tab. Verify that Enable forwarders is selected and that the DNS server address for the ISP are listed
13. Click OK to exit the dialog
14. Reboot the server.
Error: "0x80004005". See ME310896 or ME318067.
Error "0x80070862" - "The specified component could not be found in the configuration information." - no additional info.
|Private comment: Subscribers only. See example of private comment|
|Links: ME310896, ME318067, ME842116, ME895858, ME917681, www.mcse.ms - Thread ID 524649, MSEX2K3DB|
|Search: Google - Bing - Microsoft - Yahoo - EventID.Net Queue (0) - More links...|
Send comments or solutions
- Notify me when updated