, and ME900498
for information on how to fix this problem.
From a newsgroup post: "
Receive the following error in Application Log:
Source: Windows SharePoint Services 2.0
Event ID: 1000
Description: #50070: Unable to connect to the database STS_Config on SBS\SharePoint. Check the database connection information and make sure that the database server is running.
Timing issue. SharePoint Timer Service tried to contact SharePoint database while the SBS is rebooting, or shutting down.
You can safely ignore the error as long as you can access the SharePoint (http://companyweb). As a workaround, create DependOnService key in SPTimer:
Data: MSSQL$SHAREPOINT ”.
- Event description: "Microsoft SharePoint: Adding user "<user>" to OU "SharepointUsers" in domain "<domain>" FAILED with HRESULT 0x80004005" - From a newsgroup post: "Here is how I got it to work, Open Active Directory Users and Groups. In the View menu select “Advanced Features”. Right click on the OU you want WSS to manage and select “Delegate Control”. Assign the user that runs your applications pools "Create, delete and manage user accounts" and "Read all user information" rights. Then right click on the OU again and select “Properties”. Under the Security tab highlight the same user and assign it Read, Write, Create and Delete access".
- Event description: "Request failed" - From a newsgroup post: From your description, it seems your Sharepoint data is corrupt. If so, you might have to reinstall the intranet component on SBS 2003. You can strictly follow the steps below.
Generally speaking, if you want to completely reinstall companyweb on SBS 2003 SP1, you need to follow the article ME829114
below, but it might ask you to insert the SBS SP1 CD3, so you need to extract SBS SP1 installation folders, and then point the SBS Integrated setup program to the folder for the 'SP1 CD3' contents. The extraction process is listed below, please do follow the exact steps or the extracted files will be removed:
1. Start a cmd prompt and change directory to the SP1 download folder (or the SBS03_SP1 folder on PKG_CD2).
2. Then type "<path>\SBS2003-KB885918-SP1-X86-ENU.EXE /x" (with no quotation marks) and press Enter.
3. Specify a path for the extracted files (such as C:\SBSSP1).
4. Run the SBS Integrated setup, and when the setup program prompts for the CD3, point it to the folder created above.
We also have a KB article, which can be used to backup and restore companyweb data; it might be useful to you in the future. The article is ME829113
As I know, on SBS 2003 we have a document that can make a full backup and restore for the whole system. Please follow the article to backup your system to prevent any unexpected issue in future. The article is called “Backing Up and Restoring Windows Small Business Server 2003“.
- Event description: "#96013 Time-out occurred" - This problem might appear if you upload big files to the server. Read McAfee Solution ID: kb41204 for additional information on this particular problem. Search for kb41204 on the McAfee Knowledge Search page to find the solution.
- Event description: "#50070 "Unable to connect to the database" - Read McAfee Solution kb43607 on the McAfee Knowledge Search page.