On Windows 10, this may be recorded due to a change on the DNS resolver design implemented with Windows 10. The operating system will try to resolve a name using all the network interfaces, even if some are not connected to the Internet. For this reason, timeouts may be experienced, websites may fail to open and so on. We disabled all but the active interface on one computer and the problem disappeared.
On a Windows 2008 R2 server - Setting STG enabled = FALSE on the switch ports solve my issue.
On Windows Server 2008 R2 I had to enabled "Spanning Tree Portfast" on my servers switch ports.
I fixed this problem by unselecting the TCPI\IPv6 protocol as it is not used on my network/ISP yet.
From a Microsoft support forum: "This issue may be more hardware related, however, you may also try the following:
1. If the computers are connecting to a router, please ensure the routerís firmware is up-to-date.
2. Please run the following command in an elevated command prompt in Windows 7:
netsh interface tcp set global rss=disabled
netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int ip set global taskoffload=disabled
3. Disable SNP in Windows 7 by setting Registry (please perform a full-system backup first.
) as following:
If the keys do not exist, please create them and assign the value.
An update to turn off default SNP features is available for Windows Server 2003-based and Small Business Server 2003-based computers
4. If the issue persists, please add another network adapter to this computer and see how it works."
Many users reported this issue as being fixed after they applied these recommendations (see the "Windows 7 x64 Network Adapter Stops working on high load link").